Friday, August 28, 2015

News Worksheet

Headline of Article:__

It's A Boy! National Zoo Reveals Surviving Panda Cub's Gender

____________________________________________

Issue Date:_August 28th 2015 ___________________________________________________________________

Section:_U.S news ________________________________________Page:_1 ________________________

 

Three Reasons why I chose this article (interest in subject, heard about it from a friend, etc.):

1) The Title caught my attention

 

 

2) I like animals

 

 

3) and pandas are a interesting animal

 
 

Write a brief summary of the article:

 

 

  

 

Write TWO reactions you had about the article:

 
1) i was excited that one of the cubs survived

 

 
 

2) i was also sad that the other male cub died

 

 
Write a direct quote from the article that you found intriguing/interesting:

 
 "Genetic testing also showed that he was sired by China's panda, Tian Tian, the zoo tweeted."

 

List one connection I can make between this article and something else I know about (whether from personal experience, school, a book I have read, a movie I have seen, or anything else):
 
 just like the zoo staff awaiting the cubs birth i was waiting anxiously for the birth of my baby brother
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment